3CX & Yeastar IP-PBX systems have some very good and helpful features that lend themselves to making it easy to handle sales & marketing campaigns. For example, you might want to sell; green widgets, blue widgets and yellow widgets – and see which widget you get the most sales inquiries about during the month, and to help with production scheduling.
Or – you might want to sell to different towns around your county and determine if it’s town A, town B, or town C that is your best customer.
Both of these scenarios are now very easy to set up due to the ease of obtaining and applying Direct Dial Inward (DDI) numbers to SIP Trunk line groups for marketing campaigns targeted at products and/or sales regions. Using our example – your website might advertise a contact number of 01473 123456 for green widgets, 01473 123457 for blue widgets, and 01473 123458 for yellow widgets. The same can be done for sales regions … However, it is notable that we can also arrange phone numbers with area codes appropriate to the places where a product is advertised – and there is no real limit to the amount of DDI numbers you might have put aside for this purpose.
Incoming calls can be targeted at named call groups which always ring the same group of sales agents in your business – but -present the call differently depending on the number used by the caller. The IP-PBX can present the call to these groups with a short ‘name’ on the display of the phone. This means that your sales staff can answer calls specifically, in a way most helpful to your caller. An incoming call could show ‘BlueWidgets’ on the phone display (see above), allowing the agent to pick up the call and greet the caller with “Thank you for calling Foxhall Solutions – How can I help you with your enquiry about our blue widgets?”
We have used this same configuration for businesses who need to appear as ‘multiple companies’, or ‘virtual branch offices’ for their clients. These businesses have calls arriving on different DDI numbers depending on which ‘company’ has been called. In this case, the phone’s display will show the Agent which company the caller is expecting to talk to, and they can answer the call accordingly.
After the campaigns have commenced, and you want to see the number of calls that have come in on each number (i.e. for each widget, or for each town), it is just a matter of logging into the integrated call reporting package, accessing the call group statistics, choosing a date & time period, and then looking at all – or selected – call-groups, to see how many calls were received and answered for each (click the graphic for a better view).
We make use of several features of SIP Trunks and the IP-PBX to provide these facilities, as follows:
- SIP Trunk line groups can have channels added within 24-hours, and with no install costs.
- SIP Trunk groups may have Direct Dial Inward (DDI) numbers applied in any quantities – with any geographic, or non-geographic number range.
- 3CX & Yeastar has comprehensive capability to set up ring-groups and/or call queues so that calls coming in on DDI numbers, can be routed to specific groups of users.
- 3CX & Yeastar allow us to name the groups/queues and have that name presented with the caller ID along with the incoming call, on the display of the user’s phone.
- 3CX & Yeastar offer a huge & diverse variety of ‘over-flow’ options to allow those calls that can’t be answered (all agents are busy, or after-hours), to still be answered – ranging from voice-mail, through to off-site call-handling services.
- 3CX & Yeastar include a powerful call reporting package which allows you to view incoming call statistics for each or all groups & queues.
Give us a call at Foxhall Solutions – 01787 320 402 – to discuss how this powerful feature could help your business.